Auditions/Work with Us
Auditioning with us
Stay tuned for information about ArtsWest General Auditions.
WOrking with us
We are hiring for:
Wardrobe Run Crew | Please email cover letter, resume, references, and examples of work to Production Manager, Siri Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Wardrobe Run Crew” in the subject line. No calls please.
More information about all open positions below.
- Acts as liaison with scenic, lighting, and sound designers, in consultation with the Production Manager and Artistic Director, in determining the technical and budgetary feasibility of design elements, suggesting design changes where appropriate. Supplies technical information, construction drawings and budget estimates for seasonal projections as requested.
- Determines construction methods, schedules, materials, and mechanics for the scenic, lighting, and sound design of each production, ancillary events, and for the annual Gala fundraiser.
- Ensures budgetary control of materials and labor for all productions and assigned projects.
- Supervises and executes, acting as shop foreman and master carpenter, the build, maintenance and strike of each set adhering to an outlined schedule. Insurers proper functioning and safety of all design elements. Acts as liaison between the scenic charge artist and designer, ensuring adherence to the design.
- Supports the rehearsal process by ensuring a safe/clean space, taping out the ground plan, facilitating rehearsal props and furniture, and responding to rehearsal notes. Attends all production meetings.
- During technical rehearsals is responsible for ensuring all production equipment and design elements are ready by the top of tech, that the space is clean and safe. Supervises the timely response to designer and director scenic, lighting, prop and sound notes and implements adjustments during technical rehearsals and previews. Attends all tech huddles.
- Supervises safety and maintenance of the scene shop, stage, and all shop and stage equipment, including lighting and sound.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in theatrical construction or its equivalent.
- A minimum of two years technical supervisory experience
- Proven ability as a carpenter, welder, draftsman, lighting, audio and video theater technician with working knowledge of rigging, pneumatics, mechanical leverage, circuit mapping and limitations, and basic wiring.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a collaborative and respectful team member and maintain a positive outlook under tight deadlines and challenging situations.
- Leadership skills in directing both paid and volunteer crews to keep the flow of work moving forward with efficiency and productivity.
- Experience preparing budgets and build calendars and executing designs on time and within the financial parameters set.
- The ability to organize, direct and motivate both paid and volunteer crews.
- Ability to bid accurately and execute designs on time and within budget.
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Able to lift, push, or pull objects up to 70 pounds using appropriate tools.
- Must hold a valid WA state driver’s license.
- Basic IT knowledge is a strong plus.
The full job description can be viewed here. The application will remain open until the position is filled. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Technical Director” in the subject line.
General Responsibilities: Provides supervision of the front of house during performances and special events. This position is responsible for audience seating, customer service, hospitality and maintaining audience and volunteer safety at all times. This position coordinates with the Production Stage Manager during performances and acts as shift supervisor collaborating with front of house paid staff and coordinating volunteers.
Hours: Part-time, evenings and some weekend matinees with shifts ranging from 2-5 hours depending on the length of the production run. Shifts are on a sign up, first-reply first scheduled basis. This position is seasonal – September thru July as dictated by our theater season calendar.
Salary:$15/hr. or Seattle City minimum wage.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Opening and closing the theater for performances, special events and rentals.
- Maintaining the safety and comfort of the public at all times.
- Creating the ideal conditions for their enjoyment of ArtsWest’s programs
- Assist the public with special needs (including early seating for injured or disabled persons) and train ushers in matters of audience safety and emergency evacuation.
- Act as liaison between ArtsWest and the public in addressing their concerns courteously and promptly plus set a professional tone for all, whether patrons or volunteers
House Managers may be asked to cross-train in box office and bartending.
- A smiling team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision and to remain calm under pressure.
- Successful applicant must possess excellent customer service skills and attention to details and meet
Washington State Patrol criminal background check prior to employment.
- Practical experience in hospitality, audience services and experience as a volunteer are a plus
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office – word, excel; experience with ticketing systems a plus
- First aid training is helpful.
Note: Washington liquor and food handling training and certification are required – the fee and time spent in class are paid for by ArtsWest.
WARDROBE RUN CREW
ArtsWest seeks qualified individual for Wardrobe Run Crew position for the upcoming musical The Last World Octopus Wrestling Champion June 14th 1st– July 28th. Wardrobe Crew is responsible for running and maintaining shows.
Required skills include:
• Experience setting up and executing quick changes
• Garment care and repair including cleaning and maintenance
• Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, well-disciplined, flexible and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
This position is Hourly pay. Please email cover letter, resume, references, and examples of work to Production Manager, Siri Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Wardrobe Run Crew” in the subject line. No calls please.